Joely B.

Joely B.
Joel at 1 week old

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Quick note to Joel

Sweet Baby,
You just might be my biggest love. Tonight you were extra cuddly as you sat in my lap and had your night time sippy cup of milk before bed. You leaned back more and more as I held you head of curls in my hands and massaged your head. When I put you down in your crib you laid down for a second and then sat right back up. You looked at me with this silent grin. I ran my hand down your cheek and said, "Goodnight angel. Have sweet baby dreams. I love you." Your smile got a little brighter and then you laid right back down and smiled at me until I had to shut the door behind me. You never made a sound, just smiled. Melt my heart, why don't you? I love putting you to bed. You rarely get upset. Most nights go just like tonight. Little do you know I'm the one with a lump in my throat and tears blurring my eyes as I shut that door. I am so lucky to have you. Love you baby.
-Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment