Joely B.

Joely B.
Joel at 1 week old

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Half way to TWO!

Today Joel is 18 months old! The past few weeks his language has just exploded and he is saying so many new things daily. Moon, backpack, jacket, okay-okay, I'll do it, I get it, I Joel (points to self), Dora, and the best- when he eats something he likes he says, "Mmmmmm!" Too cute.
We had another rendezvous with the emergency room last weekend. Little man was running temps up to 105 and the only explanation they could give me was that he had rhinovirus- the common cold. It is so scary when his temp gets so high and it's just a waiting game. Cranky, fussy, snotty, throw-up...I can handle all those. But when he feels so bad he doesn't even fuss, he just lays on me and sleeps. Ugh, awful. After lots of prayers he pulled through and came back home each night (we went twice over the weekend).
Now we're off for a whole week for Thanksgiving. To-do list:

  • clean out guest room to make into Joel's playroom
  • do a new activity with Joel
  • Get a little Christmas shopping done
  • catch up on laundry
If one of these is accomplished, we will be in good shape. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment