Joely B.

Joely B.
Joel at 1 week old

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Potty woes

This is the first week of summer, which means we get to spend a lot more time with Joel! I'm not teaching summer school this year, which is for the best because I get to squeeze in some more time with my little man before baby #2 comes in the fall.
Today we worked more on potty training. Joel is getting pretty good at realizing when he has gone (if he has a diaper on) but he freaks out if he has an accident in his underwear and shorts. Makes sense because Joel doesn't like to be dirty at all. He has had two accidents so far, and now he's starting to hold in his pee, even if he has a diaper on. I think he is afraid it's going to make a mess when he goes potty, because he keeps talking about when he pee pee came out of his shorts. Poor guy. Tonight he was to the point of crying and squirming around because he was trying so hard to hold it. He finally went on our second trip to the bathroom (I had put his diaper back on in hopes he would just go). Hopefully it won't be long now until he is potty trained.
But other than that he has been a complete joy to be around. He is so talkative. Just a minute ago he told me, "Mommy, did you know you're the best?" Ahh, I love him so much. I know we'll love our kids the same, but it's going to be close ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment