Joely B.

Joely B.
Joel at 1 week old

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Just Us

I love spending time with Joel and Benny. It puts me at ease to know that Joel has a great daddy. But it is a special time when it's just me and Joel. Times like tonight. Benny is working a basketball game so he and I were home alone. I played an old song someone had posted on facebook. These Arms, by Otis Redding. Joel and I danced in the middle of the living room and he just laughed. Mostly because I was spinning him around :) But it was one of those moments you consciously try to tell yourself, "Don't forget this feeling." Looking at his little face lit up with his gummy smile is a memory I hope never fades. 

I put Joel to bed every night. This is just something we've always done. Benny kisses him goodnight, but I take him downstairs and put him in his crib. As I walk him downstairs he lays his head on my shoulder. He never does this except on the way to bed. I pass by the downstairs bathroom on the way to his room and each night I glance in the mirror. That's the best reflection I have ever seen. Me holding my little man, all snuggled up on my shoulder. I give him a hug and a kiss and tell him to have sweet baby dreams. I wonder how many years he will give me before he doesn't want me to put him to bed anymore? I don't think I'm going to give him a choice in the matter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment