Joely B.

Joely B.
Joel at 1 week old

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Directions included

Tonight we made our weekly trip to the grocery store. On our last trip, I had tried the floppy seat for the first time since Joel has gotten pretty good about sitting up on his own now. I think I put it on inside out and backwards. I couldn't figure out how to get the seat belt that is already on the cart to go through the floppy and keep Joel secure. So that trip consisted of us pulling Joel back in the upright position about 20 times after he tried to reach and turn around/lay down, etc. It wasn't until I took the floppy out of the cart that I noticed there were directions attached to the floppy the whole time. Not only are directions attached, but it also comes with it's own seatbelt. Genius. The floppy, not me.

So anyway, today's trip with the floppy went much better. Joel was secure in the cart while we shopped. I am pretty sure Joel is going to have a personality similar to mine. I like to think of myself as someone who doesn't like to cause to much of a fuss and will make do with what's given to them. This was Joel tonight. Our shopping trip lasted a lot longer than usual and poor baby was so tired. Since he was wearing his hooded jacket, he had a little extra cushion behind his neck and head. Instead of fussing or crying b/c he was tired, he just propped his head back, as if staring at the ceiling, as we shopped through HEB. It was hilarious and adorable. He is a really easy going baby. I'm sure a lot of moms think or say that b/c who wants to say, "My kid's a brat."? But Joel cries and/or whines on two occasions. When he's hungry or when it's time for a nap (again, very similar to me). Sometimes he starts to fake cry when we have to leave the room for a minute, but a 30 second round of peek-a-boo usually nips that in the bud. I'm sure I learned in one of my billion child development classes in college what age personality traits start to emerge but I don't remember. I hope this Joel at 7 months is a glimpse of what's to come as he becomes a toddler, then child, and so on. If that's the case, then he's going to turn out to be a pretty cool little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment