Joely B.

Joely B.
Joel at 1 week old

Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy birthday to you...

I have used this spring break to get some things accomplished and it feels great. I have spent one day spring cleaning each of the major rooms in the house. I have also ALMOST caught up on laundry. I still have a couple loads left, but they are all Benny's clothes so I'm not in a huge rush. I don't mean that in an ugly way, he just has tons of clothes so he'll be alright.
I have also started to work on Joel's first birthday party. I went to Hobby Lobby the other day and bought some cute card stock to make some decorations. I am doing a monkey theme. You know those picture frames with little cutouts for each month of baby's first year? Well I am making my own version of that but using regular sized pictures. Once it's finished I'll post it, but it will be used  for decoration at the party. I'm also doing a banana cake and making "banana cake splits". I saw the recipe online. You get banana cake mix, put chocolate chips in the batter. Then once the cake is made, you cut it into squares and top it with a small banana slice, whip cream, a small scoop of ice cream, chocolate syrup, and a cherry on top. I'm going to make Joel's smash cake in the shape of a monkey.
Tonight I also made Joel's birthday invitation on the computer. I totally cheated and looked online to get ideas, and then I just made one myself with Photoshop. It turned out really cute. I need Benny to add a little monkey to the bottom corner, but I'm pretty proud of it! ( I took out the address and phone numbers since I don't know if just anyone can look at this)

I still have a lot to do, but I am so happy to be able to plan a nice get together for my son. I've already had all our family tell me they will be there, which means a lot! I know Joel won't remember the party, but that's not what it's about as I've said before. I'm not going to go crazy with the monkey stuff, but doing some little extras is fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment