Joely B.

Joely B.
Joel at 1 week old

Monday, March 21, 2011

Letter for my baby

Dear Joely B.,
Today you are ten months, 2 days old. You love to crawl around on the floor and "chase" mommy around in the bedroom. You also love to climb all over and under your daddy. Everyone always comments on how beautiful your eyes are. They are these big, blue lights of happiness that make my world better every time I see them.
I love to spend time with you Joel. Every morning I can't wait to go see your grinning face when I open the door to your room. And every morning my heart hurts a little when I have to leave you to go to work.
I have your pictures everywhere in my classroom and my students say, "Aww, baby Joel" when they see your face on my desktop. I have gotten really good at making the most of every free minute I have at work because I refuse to stay past 3:30 so that I can pick you up as soon as possible. I also refuse to take home work anymore. When I'm home, I'm yours and daddy's. Work is the last thing on my mind when I have your babbles to listen to and your belly to tickle.
You have made my life brighter and I feel so special to have been chosen to be your mommy. You have such an adorable personality already. Always chuckling when you see your dad and I laughing, squealing with joy when we play our favorite games, and looking at me over your shoulder with that sly smile when you know I'm about to tell you, "No, don't touch that!".
I know my parents told me they loved me, and still do. But it's so much more than that. You will never understand how much of my heart you have until you have a child of your own. No other love compares, not even close.
I hope our relationship stays close and strong throughout your life. I want to be close with you and be there for you always. I know there will be times when it seems like I don't know what it's like because I'm "Mom", but I promise I can at least be there to listen. So many teenagers become like strangers to their parents as they grow up and that just can't happen to us. We are so blessed to have each other and to have a family like ours. I pray that none of us ever take that, or each other, for granted.
Joel you are the best part of everything for me. The best part of my day is being with you in the mornings as we both wake up together. The best part of my afternoon is coming in and seeing your smiling face when I come to pick you up. The best part of my time at home is playing with you and running back and forth saying, "I'm gonna get you!" and hearing you crack up laughing. And you have made the best part of my marriage be that your father and I have come together so much more since having you. When we're with you, with both play with you and are amazed by your little accomplishments each day/week/month. When we're not with you, trust me- all we talk about it YOU!
Your daddy and I want to give you a loved life, and we will do everything in our power to achieve that. When I was about 8 to 9 months pregnant with you I would listen to my George Strait CD in the car almost every morning going to work. One of my favorite songs is I Cross My Heart. The words in that song remind me so much of you.

Our love is unconditional, we knew it from the start. 
I see it in your eyes, you can feel it from my heart. 
From here on after let's stay the way we are right now, 
And share all the love and laughter 
That a lifetime will allow. 

I cross my heart and promise to 
Give all I've got to give to make all your dreams come true. 
In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine. 

You will always be the miracle that makes my life complete, 
And as long as there's a breath in me, I'll make yours just as sweet. 
As we look into the future, it's as far as we can see, 
So let's make each tomorrow be the best that it can be. 

I cross my heart and promise to 
Give all I've got to give to make all your dreams come true. 
In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine. 

And if along the way we find a day it starts to storm, 
You've got the promise of my love to keep you warm. 
In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine, 
A love as true as mine. 


I love you Joely B. and I hope to spend my life making sure you know just how much you mean to your daddy and me.


With all my love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment